Microsoft Teams Mac performance has long been a common complaint, but the company is now promising improvements for the Mac app …
No one can deny that Zoom has been ascendant for collaboration in this video-centric world, but Microsoft Teams continues to be a go-to tool for many enterprises, which means a growing army of Mac. This feature is not available on 32-bit Teams clients. Teams live events: If you are producing a Teams live event, we recommend using a computer that has a Core i5 Kaby Lake processor, 4.0-GB RAM (or higher), and hardware encoder. See Hardware decoder and encoder driver recommendations for a list of unsupported decoders and encoders.
Windows Latest reports:
For the past few months, Microsoft has been promising that the upcoming Microsoft Teams update would deliver some substantial performance improvements and reduce overall resources usage. In a new forum post, Microsoft has quietly confirmed it’s also working on a performance update for macOS client, which is based on Electron […]
Microsoft is aware of [user complaints] and it’s currently working on a new update that will reduce memory/CPU usage.
Microsoft is also “aggressively addressing other areas of performance around the Mac client”, but it’s not yet clear when that update will arrive.
Forum reports describe the current app as “almost unusable.”
I can’t use teams with out it lagging severely. When I go and look at the processes running, It always looks like the ‘helper’ is taking up crazy amounts of CPU and it lags out the application to the point of it almost being unusable. I’ve tried closing the application, rebooting, re-installing, checking for updates, etc, nothing works.
Users so far appear unimpressed by Microsoft’s statement.
“Improvements with Electron “What?” Tell me you’re joking. Electron had two major releases already – 11 from November brought and later cemented M1 support, 12 was released beginning of March. It’s fairly easy to update to Electron with M1 support – I did it personally for a couple of projects. Bah, Slack did it a month after M1 hit retail. Lazy on your part.”
“Please use the iOS version to make a catalyst macOS build of the app. Electron is a NoGo.”
“This thread and problem have been running for many years now with lots of promises that its being fixed imminently or has been fixed but things carry on the same as before. I’m afraid MS credibility on this issue is wearing thin”
Microsoft also hasn’t replied to queries about whether there will be a native M1 Mac version of the app.
Teams For Macbook Download
The company has announced new features coming next month to the Windows app, but there is no word on whether the promised Mac improvements will land at the same time.
According to Microsoft 365 Roadmap, the company will finally allow you to reply to a specific message. You can soon right-click on a message and include the original message with your reply, which should help users jump back to older conversations quickly or get more context.
In addition to these improvements, Microsoft is also introducing support for a new emoji picker that will support various skin tone, categories, and up to 800 emojis.
The iOS version of Microsoft Teams was supposed to get CarPlay support and more at the end of last year, but this has since been delayed several times.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links.More.
Webex Teams (formerly Spark) is an app for continuous teamwork with video meetings, group messaging, file sharing and white boarding.
Start a meeting with a single tap.
- Anyone using Webex Teams can start a meeting with a touch of a button. No more waiting on hosts to start the meeting. Join from anywhere and be able to switch devices seamlessly. And keep the conversation going after the meeting.
Never miss a message.
- Don’t let time-sensitive emails get lost in an overflowing inbox. Get it done now with secure group messaging in Webex Teams. Send important information via direct and team messages, where they can be read and responded to right away-or flagged for follow up later. Keeping track of conversations is easy-all your messages are saved in the same space where you meet.
Share files with anyone anytime.
- File sharing in a space is quick and simple. And the files you receive are neatly organized, searchable, and saved right alongside all of your communication, so it’s easy to find what you’re looking for. Especially when you need to share them in meetings.
Show. Don’t tell.
- Sometimes a quick sketch explains an idea better than words. Whiteboard or draw on your phone or any device, and share the interactive drawing in chat. Keep iterating whether or not you’re in a live meeting.
Download Microsoft Teams For Macbook Pro
Teams For Macbook
- With some of the most advanced security in the collaboration industry, you know your data, conversations and files are always protected.