Watching Amazon Prime Video on your phone is all well and good – it’s a pretty decent experience, to be honest – but sometimes you want that full TV experience.
If you are a user of Prime Video and like using the service anywhere then you are in luck, there’s a load of options. However, there may be some who don’t even use mobile devices for their streaming services consumption or just crave a bigger screen. Here’s how you can watch Amazon Prime Video on your TV.
So, all you've to do is open your prime video app from phone, then you'll see a cast button at the right bottom corner, cast it on to your Smart/Android TV. Now on the cast screen (on your phone), there is a settings button which has an option to limit the data usage to small medium or high.
Related: Read our full Amazon Prime Video review
How can I watch Amazon Prime Video on my TV?
There are two simple methods for watching Amazon Prime Video on your TV. The first requires owning a Smart TV. If you own a Smart TV, you should be able to head to your TV brand’s app store, locate the Prime Video app, download and then get watching.
- If you have a smart TV, it almost certainly includes a Prime Video channel. Older TVs can get Prime Video through a streaming device or even by connecting your phone or tablet with an HDMI cable.
- If your Amazon prime video app is not working on your Samsung Smart TV I give you 6 possible fixes. Your Amazon Prime Video may not be loading or opening, ma.
- I show you how to sign in into your Amazon Prime video account from any smart TV. When you try to sign in you will get a message that says go to amazon.com/m.
- Stream unlimited movies and TV shows with Prime Instant Video. Not an Amazon Prime Member? Start your free 30-day trial. Purchase or Rent over 150,000 movies and TV episodes. Browse the Amazon Instant Video library. Share your screen with the Kindle Fire HDX. Fling movies and TV shows from your tablet to your Samsung 2013 Smart TV using Second.
If you are having trouble finding the Prime Video Smart TV application on your TV’s store, head on over to the manufacturer website (ideally, with your model number in hand) and check to see if they support Amazon’s streaming service.
Next, there’s a range of devices you can plug into your TV (usually via an HDMI port) to get access to Amazon Prime Video – from Amazon’s own Fire TV devices to Google Chromecast, Apple TV, Nvidia Shield, Roku and more.
Related: Have your say on the best streaming service
All these providers offer various models that may support different standards for watching Amazon Prime Video as well as having different restrictions or features depending on their relationship with Amazon. Be sure to check the link below for the full list of streaming devices and what features they support.
As for other methods, some set-top boxes and Blu-ray players may also support downloading the Amazon Prime Video app. Here’s the full list of Amazon Prime Video-supported devices.
Once you get Prime Video all set-up, you’ll get access to a great range of shows – from The Boys and Star Trek: Picard to The Marvelous Mrs Maisel and Homecoming.© Shutterstock Amazon Prime Video allows you to search by name, actor, director, and genre. Shutterstock
- You can easily search on Amazon Prime Video for the content you want to watch whether you're using your TV, mobile device, or computer.
- Select the 'Search' feature and then you can search by name, actor, director, and genre.
- On most devices, you can filter the results to only display movies and shows that are included with Prime Video for free.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
There are a lot of TV shows and movies available on Amazon Prime, which can make browsing for what you want time-consuming and inconvenient. Thankfully, you can search for specific titles easily, no matter if you're using the Prime Video app on a TV, mobile app, or in a browser on your computer.
In addition to the title of the show, you can search for actor's names, directors, and even movie genres. And on most devices, you can filter the search results to only display shows that are included with Prime Video for free.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Amazon Prime (From $99.99 a year at Amazon)
Amazon Fire Stick 4K (From $49.99 at Amazon)
Roku Streaming Stick (From $49.99 at Best Buy)
How to search on Amazon Prime Video on your TV
For the most part, the Amazon app on smart TVs and in streaming media players like Roku and Fire TV all work the same way, though there might be minor variations depending on your TV or device. Here is how to search on your TV:
1. Start the Amazon app.
2. Use your remote or controller to select 'Search.'© Dave Johnson/Business Insider Select “Search” from the menu bar at the top of the app. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
3. On the Search page, start typing the name of the show you are looking for.
4. After you type a few letters, search results should start to appear. When you see the show you want to watch, select it with the remote or controller.
Amazon Prime Video Tv App© Dave Johnson/Business Insider When you see the show you want, use your controller to select it. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
How to search on Amazon Prime Video on a mobile app
1. Start the Amazon app.
2. At the bottom of the screen, tap 'Search.'© Dave Johnson/Business Insider On mobile apps, the “Search” tool is at the bottom of the screen. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
3. On the 'Search' page, start typing the name of the show you are looking for.
Prime Video Apk
4. After you type a few letters, search results should start to appear.
5. If you want to only see results that are included for free with Prime Video membership, click 'Filter' at the top right of the screen, tap 'Ways to Watch,' and then tap 'Included with Prime.'© Dave Johnson/Business Insider On the results page, you can filter your results, including showing only videos that are free with Prime. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
How to search on Amazon Prime Video in a browser on your desktop
1. Open Prime Video in a browser and log in if you aren't already signed into your Amazon account.
2. Start typing the show you are looking for in the search box at the top of the screen.
3. As you type, you'll see suggestions appear in the dropdown menu. You can click a result you like, or press 'Enter' on the keyboard to go to the results page.© Dave Johnson/Business Insider Choose a result or enter to select your keyword. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
4. If you want to only see results that are included for free with Prime Video membership, click the 'Prime' filter on the left side of the screen.