- What Does Prime Video Cost Per Month
- Prime Video Cost Per Month
- Amazon Prime Video Cost Per Month 2019
- Amazon Prime Video Cost Per Month 2020
- Prime Video membership is $8.99 per month (plus taxes) Qualifying EBT and government assistance recipients can get a Prime membership discount. Visit amazon.com/qualify and verify your eligibility to pay $5.99 per month for a maximum of four years.
- Amazon Prime costs: $119 per year for an annual Amazon Prime membership, or $12.99 per month. Paying month-to-month will cost you about $37 more than the annual option over a year.
- Amazon.co.uk: Amazon Prime. There's something for everyone. Unlimited Premium Delivery. Unlimited music streaming.
Amazon Prime may be one of the costlier subscriptions currently in the market, but it comes with a long list of benefits besides the free two-day shipping its known for. To determine whether the price is worth it for you, consider the perks of the membership and potential savings.
Amazon Prime is $119 for an annual membership or $12.99 per month, though there are special discounts for students and EBT and Medicaid holders. Even for $119, Amazon Prime is still ultimately a.© Jeramey Lende/Shutterstock Amazon box
Heres a full breakdown of the costs and benefits of Amazon Prime to help you understand how much value you can get out of the service.
How much does Amazon Prime cost?
Amazon Prime costs $119 per year or $12.99 per month. While the latter option may seem like a good way to avoid a steep $119 charge, it brings up the annual cost to $155.88.
There are a couple of discounts available: Prime Student members are only charged $6.49 per month, and EBT and Medicaid cardholders are eligible to receive Prime benefits at $5.99 per month for up to four years.
What benefits are included with Prime?
Amazon Prime Membership offers a wide range of benefitsfrom free quick delivery to video and music streaming to exclusive savings.
Save on delivery
If youre an avid online shopper, you probably want your purchases delivered fastand for free. Amazon Prime offers just that with many options for free and quick delivery.
For instance, there are millions of items eligible for free two-day or one-day delivery with Prime, and some orders over $35 in select cities can even qualify for free same-day delivery.
If you shop for groceries online, you can also take advantage of free two-hour delivery with Amazon Fresh or Whole Foods Market when you meet the local free delivery threshold. If you shop with Amazon Pantry, which offers low-priced grocery and household essentials, delivery is free for orders over $35.
Additionally, Amazon Prime offers Free Release-Date delivery on eligible new video games, books, music, movies and more.
Without Prime, you need to spend at least $25 to qualify for free delivery, which can take up to eight days. If you spend less or want your purchase to ship faster, you can expect to pay $5 to $10 for delivery. Such fees can add up quickly, and Amazon Prime helps you avoid them.
Explore shopping deals
Gallery: Walmart+ vs. Amazon Prime: Which Is Better? (GOBankingRates)
Besides saving on delivery fees, Prime members can save on purchases as well.
- Save at Whole Foods Market. Prime members can enjoy weekly deals at Whole Foods for up to 50 percent off and get an extra 10 percent on storewide sales.
- Get access to deals faster. If youre a Prime member, you get 30-minute early access to Lightning Deals on Amazon.com.
- Pay less at Amazon stores. Prime members pay Amazon.com prices on all products at Amazon Books and Amazon 4-Star stores.
- Shop with Alexa. As a Prime member, you can receive an additional discount on select deals when shopping with Alexa.
- Check deals on Amazon Family. Prime members can get up to 20 percent off diapers and 15 percent off eligible products from their baby registry.
- Shop for clothes. Getting to the mall might not be necessary anymore. Prime Wardrobe allows members to try on clothes, shoes and accessories from the comfort of their home and only pay for what you want to keep.
- Earn 2 percent back on your debit card. Prime members can earn 2 percent back when reloading their Amazon gift card balance with an eligible debit card.
Enjoy streaming and gaming
What Does Prime Video Cost Per Month
Amazon Prime offers plenty of entertainment benefits, too. The most popular one is arguably Prime Video, which lets users stream thousands of movies and TV shows. The subscription is $8.99 a month, but its included with a Prime membership for free. You can also sign up for Prime Video Channels, including HBO, Starz and Showtime for $4.99 to $14.99 per month.
Prime Music, a music streaming service by Amazon, is included with Prime membership, too. You can also upgrade to Amazon Music Unlimited, which offers access to tens of millions of songs, ad-free and with unlimited skips. Prime members can get this service 20 percent off at $7.99 per month (instead of $9.99 per month for those without a membership).
Prime Video Cost Per Month
Families with children might be interested in yet another Amazon streaming serviceFreeTime Unlimited. Available to Prime members, this subscription gives kids access to kid-friendly books, movies, games and other content on compatible devices at $2.99 per month.
For gamers, Amazon offers Prime Gaming that comes with monthly free games, game content and a free subscription to a Twitch channel of their choice.
On top of it all, Prime members also get free unlimited photo storage with Amazon Photos, a service that allows users to store, print and share their photographs.
Buy books for less
If reading is your hobby, you know how quickly it can become expensive. Fortunately, Amazon Prime can help you save on books as well.
With Prime Reading, you can get access to eBooks, comics, audiobooks and more for free. Furthermore, Amazon First Reads allows Prime members to download one free book each month before its released from a selection of six editors’ picks.
Additionally, Prime members can get select four-month magazine subscriptions for $0.99.
Amazon Prime also has its own book subscription box for members that offers hand-picked children’s books every one, two or three months. Each box costs $19.99, which, according to Amazon, saves Prime members up to 40 percent off list price.
Maximizing rewards and value from your Amazon purchase
To make the most out of your membership, make sure youre aware of all the benefits it offers. Some of them may be easy to overlook, leaving savings on the table.
You can also take additional steps to maximize the value of your membership and each purchase you make by using theright credit card.
For instance, the Amazon Prime Store Card and theAmazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card were designed specifically with Amazon shoppers in mind.
The Amazon Prime Store Card can be used only on Amazon and offers 5 percent cash back on all Amazon.com purchases to Prime members. It also provides special financing options on eligible items with a zero percent interest rate and equal payments for 12 months.
The Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card is another option created exclusively for customers with a Prime membership. It offers 5 percent back on Amazon, as well as at Whole Foods, but can be used outside of Amazon and earns you additional cash back. Cardholders can get 2 percent cash back at restaurants, gas stations and drugstores and 1 percent back on all other purchases.
Other credit cards can also offer enhanced rewards on Amazon purchases, as well as other useful features. For instance, cards like the Chase Freedom Flexsometimes include Amazon purchases in bonus cash back categories. Another example is Citi cardswith an eligible card, you may have an option to use Citi Flex Pay to finance large purchases on Amazon with an equal monthly payment plan.
Amazon Prime Video Cost Per Month 2019
Is Amazon Prime worth it?
Amazon Prime Video Cost Per Month 2020
Amazon Prime may be worth it for you if you shop on Amazon often enough for potential savings to justify the high membership fee. Take the benefits into account and consider how much additional value they offer. A Prime membership isnt cheap and might not make sense for everyone, but it can be an excellent deal for the right kind of shopper.