Microsoft Teams has emojis, GIFs and stickers available in the chat function!
- Microsoft Teams emoji, reactions, and GIFs Emoji, reactions, and GIFs in Microsoft Teams are all natively supported. You do not have to install apps either in Microsoft Teams or on the desktop to use them. They work just as well from the desktop app and from the web app.
- The expanded emoji update brings users the fun and expressiveness they love into their Teams messages, along with a wider range of diverse emojis, a necessity for our diverse and widespread user base. This expansion is available for Teams desktop apps (Windows and Mac), Teams mobile (Android and iOS), and Teams on the web. This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 81403.
Apr 09, 2021 Microsoft Teams has two different ways to enter emojis or emoticons; you can click the emoji icon under the chat/text input field or you can use the OS’ emoji input panel. On Windows 10, you can open the panel with the Win+. Keyboard shortcut. Microsoft Teams also has a small set of secret emoticons. Jan 19, 2021 If you use Microsoft Teams for personal or work purposes, you can insert emojis into your message to bring some fun to the conversation. Of course, in a work environment, you should use emojis only when it’s appropriate to do so. Not being able to use emojis in Teams can be really frustrating. Let’s see how you can bring them back.
To send an emoji:
- Select the emoji (smiley face) icon in the menu bar beneath the chatbox.
- Select the emoji you want from the gallery or do a keyword search to find something specific.
- After inserting the emoji you chose, select Send and you’re done!
The steps for using GIFs and stickers are similar, just choose the GIF or sticker button beneath the chatbox instead. You can also create your own meme or sticker.
Example of the menu option for GIFs:
Microsoft Teams Emoji Reactions
Microsoft Teams Emoji Bot
Example of the menu option for memes or stickers:
Please review Microsoft’s instructions to learn more about this feature. If you have any questions regarding Microsoft Teams please call the UWM Help Desk at 414-229-4040 or visit uwm.edu/helpdesk.