Store, share, and access your files and folders from any mobile device, tablet, or computer—and your first 15GB of storage are free. Go to Google Drive Teams. If you have Google Drive installed you will be prompted to remove it. We recommend you click Yes knowing that Google is deprecating Google Drive in March of 2018. Download the installation file here.
First glance I know the new Google Stream is way different in that by default it hosts files directly online and only if you indicate you want it offline does it sync down permanently so that is going in your favor in an RDS environment. What I am unsure on is if the profiles and the program can run multiple instances on one server using multiple profiles. I would assume it would as most programs are now sandboxed to each user in some fashion.
So what we need to do is test this and see so I would recommend you spin up a lab or take a snapshot / backup of the RDS server and afterhours / weekend install Google Stream and test it with a few users logged in at the same time. Revert the snapshot or restore the backup if it does not go well, Lab is better I think but if its all you got then test it afterhours.
This is what I found regarding log files for this new Google feature
Drive File Stream Windows 10
Report back your findings as I expect many more to come will need to know what is up here...
Step 1: Quit Drive File Stream
- Go to your computer’s task bar located on the bottom right and locate the Drive File Stream icon.
- Click Drive File Stream icon and select the More Options Menu (vertical ellipses) and then select Quit.
Install Google Drive File Stream Download
Step 2: Uninstall Drive File Stream
Install Google Drive File Stream Mac
- Click Search Windows, and enter uninstall. Click Change or remove a program.
- Programs and Features window appears. Select Google Drive File Stream and then click Uninstall/Change.
- Uninstall Google File Stream? prompt appears. Click Uninstall.
- Google Drive File Stream was uninstalled appears.