Google Drive for desktop (formerly Google Drive File Stream) is a desktop application that allows you to quickly access all of your Google Drive files on demand, directly from your computer without losing precious drive space.Your files are stored in the cloud instead of your computer, and any changes you make are automatically synced with the cloud for quick, easy access anywhere you have an. From Windows Explorer, delete the old Google Drive folder from your computer. If you haven’t already done so, log in to your Georgetown Google Apps account. From your Web browser, go to the Google Drive File Stream home page. On the Google Drive Help page, click on Download for Windows. Once you've been successfully authenticated to your Google Account, the Backup and Sync app tells you that you need to 'Choose folders from your computer to continuously back up to Google Drive.' After you do that, you'll be able to browse and use your backed up folders on the drive.google.com webpage.
- Google Drive Download For Pc
- Google Drive Download Windows 10
- Google Drive File Stream Application
- Google Drive File Stream App For Iphone
With Google Drive File Stream, the contents of your Google Drive appears on your Mac like a regular drive.Unlike Google Backup & Sync (and the old Google Drive app), the files are not all copied to your computer. This saves a lot of space on your drive and almost eliminates sync errors. File Stream is only available for Google Apps G-Suite users. For regular Google accounts (Gmail), use Google Backup & Sync.
Look for Google Drive File Stream in your Mac’s top menu bar. It’s a white triangle inside a dark square. If it’s there, skip to Accessing Files below.
Configuring Google Drive File Stream the first time
Google Drive File Stream may already be installed on your computer. Click Launchpad (rocket icon) and look for Google Drive File Stream. Or click the Finder desktop, click the Go menu at the top of the screen and choose Applications. The app must include the words File Stream. If you found it, open and skip to 3 below.
- Need to download Google Drive File Stream? Click this link to sign into your Google account and download.
- Follow the steps toinstall from a disk image download. You’ll open the installer icon that looks like a package.
- Open Google Drive File Stream from the Launchpad or Applications folder (see above).
- Was a system extension blocked? Click Open Security Preferences (or click the Apple menu, choose System Preferences and Security & Privacy). Click Allow. Now restart the computer and open Google Drive File Stream from the Launchpad or Applications folder again.
- Click the Google Drive File Stream icon in the top menu bar and sign into Google Drive with your email address and password.
- Google Drive is added to the desktop. You can also add it to the dock – just drag it from the desktop to the right side of the dock near the trash.
Accessing files in your Google Drive
- Click the Google Drive icon in the menu bar, desktop or sidebar. Can’t find it? Click the Launcher (rocket icon), then open Google Drive File Stream (make sure it says File Stream). If you have trouble, see Configuring the first time above.
- Your files are inside My Drive, which is in the Google Drive icon. Copy files & folders to your Google Drive and they are uploaded. You can then delete the original copies. Create folders inside and organize just like any drive. You may also save files directly to Google Drive from any application – it’s a drive in the left side bar of open & save windows.
- Folders with a cloud icon are available as long as you’re online. Files will be automatically downloaded when you open them, and uploaded when you save.
- Need to access files when you don’t have internet? You can choose folders for offline-access. Hold the Control key and click a folder inside your Google Drive. Choose Drive File Stream and Available Offline. Any changes you (or others) make will not be updated until you’re connected to the internet again. Be selective about which files/folders you make available offline.
- Collaborate with Shared Folders. When you add items to a folder, they’re shared with other people. Be careful: removing items may delete them from other people’s computers & devices. You’ll need to sign into Google Drive on the web and add shared folders to your drive. Learn how to share folders.
- Google Drive Docs are special icons that open in a web browser so you can edit Google Docs, Sheets & Slides on the web.
Google Drive File Stream tips
Missing shared folders? If your Google Drive folder doesn’t show items other people have shared with you, you may need to log into Google Drive on the web and add them to your drive. See Google Drive collaboration for details.
There’s so much you can do with Google Drive. If you sometimes use Windows, install the Google Drive app on your PC. It’s also an easy way to share files between your computer, iPhone and iPad.
Learn more about using Google apps with a Mac.
Google Drive Download For Pc
Filestream is a tool for connecting your Google Drive to your PC or Mac and accessing the files as though they were located right on your local drive. Filestream uses an advanced machine learning algorithm to help keep files you are likely to access synced to your computer so you can access them, even when you can't connect to the web.
Google Drive Download Windows 10
Download Filestream to your PC or Mac from https://google.com/drive/download
Google Drive File Stream Application
For tailored assistance regarding Google Filestream, please contact the Help Desk at 828-262-6266 (Option 1)
Google Drive File Stream App For Iphone
For general assistance, please view Google's Drive Support Page