Open Google Drive and select 'Download Drive File Stream for Windows' under Settings. Select the 'Download for Windows' blue button. The DriveFileStream.exe is now in Downloads and can be used to install File Stream. Execute (Open) the file. Installing Google Drive File Stream. Google Drive File Stream is a service that creates a network location on your computer to access your Google Drive’s files. This allows you to access and open files from your Google Drive within File Explorer rather than just through the web-based interface.
- Download Drive Stream File
- Drive Stream File Download
- Google Drive Stream File
- Drive File Stream Shared With Me
File Sharing at Pepperdine
Google File Stream is a fast, easy way to access and share files from Google Drive on your local computer.
Download & Install
Access Drive Files on File Stream
Find & Save Files Offline
Learn About File Stream
Access Drive files on Mac/PC faster, using less disk space
Access all of your files (even Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud) stored in Drive directly from your Mac or PC, without using up all your disk space with Drive File Stream. Unlike traditional file sync tools, Drive File Stream doesn't require you to download your files first in order to access them from your computer. Instead, when you need to view or edit a file, it automatically streams from the cloud, on-demand. With Drive File Stream your team will spend less time waiting for files to sync, no time worrying about disk space, and more time being productive.
Get your files in seconds with smarter offline access
With Drive File Stream, files you open are streamed directly from the cloud on-demand. You can also select files or folders that you want to access offline at any time. The files that you are likely to work on from your Mac or PC become available in the background intelligently, making it much quicker to access them later.
Work with all the tools and apps you're used to
With Drive File Stream, you can work with Drive files directly from the apps you're used to, like Microsoft Word and Adobe Photoshop. Any changes you make to files in those apps are saved automatically to Drive and can be accessed from any of your devices later.
Download & install Drive File Stream
Windows: Windows 7 and up. Windows Server editions are not supported.
Mac: El Capitan (10.11) and up. For High Sierra (10.13), follow these steps.
To download Drive File Stream:
- Sign-in to Google Drive web interface at drive.pepperdine.edu.
- Click the Gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen
- Select 'Get Drive for Desktop'
- Once downloaded, run the app and follow the on-screen instructions.
- When prompted, sign-in to your University Google account.
- Drive File Stream is now installed and running.
Download Drive Stream File
If you are currently running the Backup and Sync app, you may receive the following message:
If you are also using Backup and Sync, work with the Tech Central to ensure that both tools are running in parallel properly.
Access Google Drive files using Drive File Stream
You can find Drive File Stream Menu in a different place, depending on what computer you use:
Drive Stream File Download
- Windows: At the bottom right of your screen.
- Mac: At the top right of your screen.Windows
Find & keep files and folders offline
Google Drive Stream File
To save a file offline, make sure you have an app that can open your file.
Drive File Stream Shared With Me
- Click the Drive File Stream Menu .
- Click Open Google Drive folder .
- Right-click the file or folder you want to save offline.
- Click Drive File Stream Available offline.
- Once your file is saved offline, you'll see a green check mark next to it.